Thursday, November 13, 2008

Remembering two mothers whose light brightens up their son's "worlds".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meet my new blogmate Joanne whom I have known for the last eight years through w@w and has been back in Australia with her family for a year now.

I am just happy that despite the situation she is forced to face lately, she remains to be in high spirits. I am not really good at giving comforting words - at least that's what I think of myself - but I know for sure that when one receives encouraging and uplifting messages, it is good enough to get him/her through the next minute or even hour.

So to my friend Joanne, God has prepared you and Pat well enough for this challenge. His providence and guidance will be with you I believe. Be brave and be strong. I know your love for Jorel is enough to provide him the best in this world. Everything you need is within you. You'll get through this, I'm sure you will.

Why do I know? Because my cousin is a testimony to that! Just now I have finished watching the very touching video her eldest son, my nephew Alex, has made for Alphonse's 14th birthday last week. And I also know that if my cousin was asked by God when she was still pregnant with Alphonse how she would want Alphonse to be, I am guessing she'd be happy to have him "just the way he is right now". (Right AteP?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ty maan,
your words so touched me -- am in tears now,.. ty for believing in me and praying for my family -- its friends like you -- i know I can rely on anytime I am down,..

i am comforted too that its friends like you who will always pray for Jorel -- and understand his situation each time we are going to be together,.. I will forever appreciate that my dear...

ty ty ty

jo

Kittymama said...

I was pleasantly surprised to find I got special mention in your blog- thank you! :-)

And thank you for the kind words. We've often asked ourselves the very same question- if given the chance to "change" Alphonse, would we do it? Despite the challenges, the hardships, and yes, the tears, the joys of parenting him do outweigh the fears. Alphonse is perfect the way he is; it just takes an open heart to see it.

Have a great day, Maan, and hugs to the little boys!