Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Throb...

Last night's dinner conversation with my little boys were quite interesting. As usual, Yoyon would tell tales of how his day was at the childcare. If I asked him how his day went, he would enthusiastically reply, "Good! I play wid mah frend". If I asked what he ate, he'd say "I ate apple, bread, mac-roni... Daz all!". That's my 2 year old boy.

Now, my almost 6 year old son, had a different story of how his day was at school.

Wiji : You know mum, my friend Jarrod and Brooke (their classmate) kissed! I saw it! Some girls and some boys saw it too!
Me : (in shock!) Huh? Ahm, hmmm, how did they kiss? Was it on the cheek.
Wiji : Brooke just went close to his face and they kissed on the lips!
Me : (in shock again) Huh? Ahm, ahm, forget about it and don't do it to other girls! Okay? (My dear hubby did not approve of my advice. But I can't think of any at that moment.)

The other day he was telling me that Jamie has a girlfriend in class and her name is Jessica. So I asked, "What about you?". He said, "I don't have one. I don't like to have one." Haay, buti naman!

His stories are giving my head a throb. I just don't know how to respond sometimes.

Gone are the days that he'd tell me that he played in the sandpit, or did a lot of drawing, or listened to a nice story. I'm sure it's going to get a lot more interesting in the days ahead.

I saw this book before. I can't remember which bookstore. But it was giving tips on what answers you can offer for different age groups when they start asking "big" and intimate questions. I think I need to find that book...

No comments: